Hello Fellow Ripplians,
We have missed you all so dearly. On behalf of the ripple team, we would like to apologize for our absence these last two weeks. Finals were in full swing and it left us with no choice, but to study, study, study. Kicking some AP and final tests butt, but without further adooo.. Let's get cooking.
Leaving off from the last post, I want to leave you guys with some healthy food choices for each meal of the day.
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
- 3 1/2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 large peaches, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons light brown sugar*
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans for garnish; if desired
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water and salt. Bring to a boil. Add oats, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens. Add peaches and brown sugar and cook one additional minute.
- Serve immediately and garnish with pecans, if desired.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 2 lemons juiced
- ¼ cup tablespoons olive oil
- 2 kumquats thinly slices or zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 or two dried chilies (or you can use chili flakes, to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 6 kalamata olives
- 2 pita breads, halved and cut in strips
- 4 baby cucumbers, sliced at a bias
- 6 small vine ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, small diced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- small handful of flat parsley leaves, torn
- salt to taste
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a small container combine all dressing ingredients, gently tossing feta cheese. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Gently toss pita bread with olive oil and salt. Spread on sheet pan and toast in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes our until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Strain feta cheese, reserving dressing. Add feta, olives and pita strips to vegetables, dress with desired amount of dressing. Season with salt and toss until well combined. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve.
Spicy Cilantro Shrimp with Honey Lime Dipping Sauce